Fairview Mills, a division of J-Six Enterprises is hiring! We have an open position in Fairview Kansas for a Shag Driver.
To move material into and out of the mill and associated warehouses with a focus on trailer shagging and logistics logging. To supplement the mill shipping and receiving staff by loading and unloading materials as needed.
- Daily truck inspections
- Consistent trailer inspections
- Shagging loads between satellite warehouses/plants
- Updating shag log and trailer movement log with consistency
- Maintain cleanliness of tractor inside & out
- Loading of bulk tanker & understanding how to load pellets out of silos
- Work overtime in situations where production is in need of material. Example: (Changeover)
- Complete shag movements on lot
- Cover/work truck scale in the event someone else isn’t able to
- Other duties as assigned
- Class "A" CDL License required
- One year driving experience under the class "A" CDL License
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to climb ladders and platforms and wear all safety equipment.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds or more.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents in the English language.
- Ability to perform fleet tasks in a safe efficient manner
- Good attention to detail
- Logical thinking skills
- Ability to understand complex logistics
- Good communicator
- Some Saturday availability
- Positive can-do attitude
- Job Type: Full-time
- A competitive salary
- Outstanding benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- A 401k with an employer 3% match
- Paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Successful candidates will have an opportunity for further company advancement.
J-Six Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Be a part of a family business that’s experiencing significant growth. Apply on our company site - or call J-Six at 785 336-5470.