Senior Mill Manager
Fairview Mills, a division of J-Six Enterprises is hiring! We need a high-level Senior Mill Manager for our milling facilities in Hiawatha Kansas, Fairview Kansas, and surrounding areas. Based on experience this is a highly compensated position.
The Mill Manager will oversee the production processes at our various Fairview Mills locations. You will plan workers' schedules, estimate costs, and prepare budgets to ensure workflow meets required deadlines. The mill manager will ensure product demands are met while ensuring that food safety, quality and employee safety are not compromised. You will partner with Human Resources to plan and coordinate staffing needs and work closely with Safety, QA, Sanitation, Warehouse and Maintenance ensuring all supporting department activities meet production standards and goals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Operations Management, Industrial Engineer, Business Administration, or related field and
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Manufacturing Management role.
- High School Diploma + 10 years Leadership Experience in Manufacturing may be considered in lieu of the above.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Excellent leadership and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under stressful conditions/ stress management skills
- Probability and decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Effective organizational skills. Honest, respectful, and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Must be reliable, punctual and have schedule flexibility including working weekends and off-shifts as needed.
- Must be self-motivated and can work with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work with and manage company confidential information.
- Valid Drivers’ license and clean DMV record.
FAIRVIEW MILLS TRAINING - Fairview Mills onboarding and orientation to include:
- Plant Safety and Emergency Procedures -GMP training and HACCP, SQF, NSF Training - Food Safety training - OSHA Required Safety Programs -Environmental Awareness Control and Recycling Program -Chemical training -First Aid training II.
- Our product quality specifications, processes, and procedures.
- Production processes and procedures.
- Raw materials specifications. (Corn, flour etc.)
- Packaging materials specifications. (Boxes, bags etc.)
- Our reports system (reporting accuracy and verification).
- Sanitation processes and procedures.
- Company rules and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining production standards based on production capacities and overseeing that those standards are being met.
- Responsible for working with the Maintenance Department to ensure that all Production equipment is properly maintained, and that downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Responsible for maintaining procedures that will ensure that the product is manufactured Right the First Time.
- Responsible for developing and implementing procedures that will eliminate/reduce injuries. For implementing the Company’s Safety program and assisting the Safety Coordinator to provide adequate Safety training, for instilling and developing a safe work environment and for holding people accountable when Safety violations occur.
- Must assist the Purchasing Manager in developing and implementing production reports that will accurately measure productivity, waste, line efficiency, plant efficiency, RFT, yields, labor cost and materials cost.
- Responsible for controlling and justifying Department costs such as Direct Labor (no overtime, no extra people etc.), Materials (no waste, high yields etc.) and Overhead cost.
- Responsible for ensuring that finished product meets food safety standards.
- The Senior Mill Manager is responsible to oversee all activity and for controlling all associated costs. Must ensure that communication is sound and effective between Supervisors, Machine Operators, and line personnel. Must promote positive employee relations, must ensure accountability, must constantly look for ways to reduce cost while promoting a safe and efficient operation.
- Must work with all Fairview Mills managers to assure raw material inventory is always accurate.
- Must assure that machine operators and mechanics are always in constant communication to minimize machine downtime.
- Must be able to learn how to operate and understand each piece of equipment to be able to assist and provide great direction to team when necessary.
- Based on experience this is a highly compensated position.
- Outstanding benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- A 401k with an employer 3% match
- Paid vacation, and paid holidays.
J-Six Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Be a part of a family business that’s experiencing significant growth. Apply on company site - or call J-Six at 785 336-5470.