J-Six Enterprises is hiring! We have an open position in Seneca, Kansas for a Manufacturing Technician.
Education and Training Requirements include the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of hand tools is essential
- Mechanical aptitude and ability is necessary
Amount and type of experience:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Extruder or machine operating experience is preferred
- Computer/PLC experience helpful
- To safely and efficiently operate the mix system, the extrusion system, the dryer, cooler, and transfer system to ensure product compliance to Company and customer standards.
- Strict adherence to and understanding of both the FDA-GMP’s and SQF standards as it relates to the Manufacturing areas in order to ensure that program is being properly executed. Detailed training will be required of this position as there will be several of our facilities CCP (Critical Control Points) that are directly within the duties of this position.
Daily start-up, shut down, and clean-up of the extrusion operation, which includes the following:
- Mix system: keep the minor ingredient feeders in a running-full state; record lot number of all ingredients; discard empty boxes; keep mix platform in a clean and orderly fashion; empty sifter bucket after each shift; and check air filter system drum after each shift.
- Extrusion system: operating heating/cooling systems; operate liquid tanks/pumps/meters; understand functions of the HMI and PLC; clean, maintain, and set-up of the extrusion dies and knives; operation of the cooler/dryer; and operation of the transfer systems.
- Once the system is efficiently operating, there is adequate time to monitor the product; perform Quality audits; polish tanks, extruder, etc.; monitor tank levels; service mix platform, and keep the extruder area clean and orderly.
- Production time will be four to twelve hours per day depending upon shift length. Quality of the product must be observed, and any deviation from the norm must be reported as soon as possible to the Production Supervisor. Independent judgment is necessary, however, final decisions are to be made by the Production Supervisor or Quality Assurance.
- Responsible for housekeeping of machine and plant area. This includes, but not limited to, sweeping the floor around the machine area, removing the trash, cleaning the machine at the end of the shift, preparing for next day’s/shift’s production, and finalizing any paperwork in an accurate and concise manner.
- Complete Facility Master Sanitation Schedules, as assigned
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
In order to perform the essential functions of the position, incumbent must be able to perform the following:
- Daily lifting of product and boxes ranging from 1 pound to 50 pounds from table level to floor and above the head.
- Constant walking and standing in the manufacturing area for the entire shift length. Climbing up and down a ladder/steps to and from the machine platform for mixing is required.
- Must be able to continually bend and stoop for approximately 8 hours per day, depending upon shift length.
- When it is necessary to work on the machine platform, must have the ability to maneuver and move within an area approximately 18 inches.
- Must be able to use small hand tools if necessary to perform minor maint or adjustments.
- Must be able to work in an environment where the temperature range is from 80 to 100 degrees F in the summer and 50 - 65 degrees F in the winter.
All of the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions subject to reasonable accommodation. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Team Members may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by the Production Supervisor or Plant Manager subject to reasonable accommodation.
J-Six Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.